Working together for fair opportunities for young people
230 participants from the age of 8 with different social backgrounds experienced the first 2GETHERLAND camp in Germany in October 2019. The concept of the camp was developed together with a team of youth experts and nine partners from civil society. Over six days, 50 sessions for head, heart and hand took place at Werbellinsee in Brandenburg. The camp has already led to 17 follow-up projects. Young people and adults work together at eye level to establish fair opportunities in their own cities.
Key Messages of 2GETHERLAND 2019
Fair opportunities in all parts of the lives of young people
• Speak out against injustice
• Promote and respect children's rights
• Ensure equal opportunities in schools of the future
• Promote participation of all young people to be active and to have a say
• No child should grow up in poverty
• Every child has the right to be safe
• Stand up against racism and discrimination
Partners of 2GETHERLAND 2019 in Germany
2GETHERLAND 2019 in Germany was coordinated by the Bertelsmann Foundation. The camp was organised and supported by numerous organisations:
• Deutscher Kinderschutzbund Bundesverband e.V.
• National Coalition Deutschland – Netzwerk zur Umsetzung der UN-Kinderrechtskonvention